Player Code of Ethics
Be respectful of your coach and considerate towards your fellow players.
Be coachable – open to new ideas and new ways of doing things
Treat the facilities, your racquet and coaching equipment with care
Be honest and fair in competition – ALWAYS
Be enthusiastic, positive and energetic. Have FUN – tennis is a game.
Aim to have the highest work ethic in your group – try and do extra
Win or lose – do both with humility
Never give up – never, ever give up
Make-up lessons policy
We undertake to provide a make up lesson only if lessons are lost due to bad weather. These lessons will be made available at times that fit with the broader coaching program. Brookfield Tennis Centre reserves the right to run these lessons in the first week of the school holidays if necessary.
Lessons lost due to personal reasons are not guaranteed a make up. We will do our best to accommodate such requests, but they are not guaranteed. As a result no lessons lost can be carried over from one term to the next.
Missed lessons due to rain – If your lesson is cancelled due to rain, we will aim to offer two makeup days each term:
The makeup days will be on a week-end in the first half of the term and or in the first week of the school holidays (date to be determined) if lost in the second half of the term.
Classes on makeup days will be offered based on what has been missed during that time period. The schedule of makeup days is at the discretion of the Brookfield Tennis Centre and will be available closer to the date of these days. It is possible that make up lessons will be offered via an online registration process.
If you are unable to attend the scheduled makeup day, your lesson will be forfeited.
Please note that makeup lessons are not provided for fixtures programs as this is factored into the enrolment price.
Notices re bad weather and class cancellations
We will post a notice on the Brookfield Tennis Centre website and Facebook page no less than 20 mins before classes are due to start. If possible we will send you a text to notify you of the status. It is incumbent on you to ensure that we have the correct mobile number. You are welcome to call us if you would like clarity. We will not have time to call you individually.
Please be aware that our synthetic courts shed water very well and will generally only be unplayable after prolonged heavy rain. Determination of playability during wet weather is at the sole discretion of the Court Manager – please ring on (07) 3374 1046 if you need to check.
For a casual booking a full credit is applied to a customer’s account when a booking is unable to be used due to wet weather. This credit can be used against any future booking. No refunds are given.
Permanent bookings receive no credit for washed out sessions.
A maximum of four players are permitted on the court at each time. There is no limit to the number of players that can share a booking provided the facilities are not overcrowded. For larger groups please consult with the team at the Brookfield Tennis Centre first.
No food or drink can be taken onto the courts with the exception of water bottles. No glass containers of any sort are permitted.
Please note the Brookfield Tennis Centre courts are generally not available for hire for coaching purposes. In such circumstances please contact the Brookfield Tennis Centre to discuss your needs.
Court Hire Cancellations
A casual booking may be cancelled up to 24 hours prior to the booking time and a credit given for future use. No refund will be given.
A permanent booking may cancelled up to 24 hours prior to the booking time and a credit given. Only one cancellation per block booking (of up to 3 months) will result in a credit being applied to the customer’s account. This credit can be used against any future booking. No refunds are given. No credit will be given for any additional cancellations.
Court Hire Playing Over Time / Empty Courts
It is the responsibility of the hirer to finish play at the designated time. Failure to do so will result in additional charges in half hour increments. Where a court is vacant at the expiry of the booking period, the booking may be extended, in which case an additional charge is payable in minimum half hour increments. Players that only pay for one court and play on two will be charged for the second court in accordance with the booking time of the original booking.
Parents are to assume personal responsibility for any medical conditions their children may be susceptible to and to take the necessary measures to ensure that their children are in good health before playing tennis.
We will hold items left behind for the period of a week and will then be disposed of – either to charity or to school lost property bins.
Collecting and dropping off children
Please make sure that you make arrangements to deliver and collect your children immediately before and after their lessons. We do not have child care resources available. It is the responsibility of the parents to ensure their kids arrive safely to their tennis lessons and get home safely. In instances where you require the Brookfield Tennis Centre to walk kids up to the Brookfield State School we do so merely as a guide and do not nor cannot guarantee their safety.
As per Tennis Australia’s Member Protection recommendations please note that Brookfield Tennis Centre coaches are not permitted to coach children that are left alone without others present at the venue. As a result it is possible that you may be required by the coach to remain at the venue when the lesson is held. In addition coaching staff at the Brookfield Tennis Centre are not permitted to take children to assist them with their ablution needs. This is the responsibility of the parent / guardian. The coach may request a fellow student to assist if necessary.
Invoices are due and payable by the date set on the invoice. We reserve the right to exclude students from lessons if invoices are not paid. Class positions are only guaranteed if invoices are paid.
Lessons that have been booked and paid for will not be refunded unless students are injured and are not able to play tennis for the remainder of the term as stipulated by a doctor. Brookfield Tennis Centre reserves the right to either refund or provide a lesson credit in such circumstances.
Use of Image and or Recordings
By enrolling in lessons through the Brookfield Tennis Centre and or making use of the Brookfield Tennis Centre facilities you consent to Brookfield Tennis (Pty) Ltd trading as Brookfield Tennis Centre making use of your image or recording including photographs, videos, film or sound recordings. The use or reproduction will be for use on the Internet, Social Media, Newsletters, Media, Brochures and Posters for access by the broader public in promoting the Brookfield Tennis Centre and its activities and services.
By enrolling online for lessons you do so for the full duration of the program. Programs run according to the Queensland state school timetable (with the exception of student free days which Brookfield Tennis Centre reserves the right to coach on).
Registrations completed intra-program will be charged on a pro-rata basis.
Brookfield Tennis Centre Newsletter
By enrolling for lessons or if you make use of the Brookfield Tennis Centre facilities you accept that you will be signed up for our Newsletter. You have the choice to unsubscribe from the newsletter distribution at the footer of the newsletters when you receive them.
Private Lessons – Cancellations
If you need to cancel a private lesson please give us no less than 48 hours notice. If you do not we reserve the right not to grant a credit for the lesson as we have our coaches time and court facilities to reschedule.
Group Lessons – Match Play Program
Match play days and times are set in advance of the school term commencing. These sessions are not compulsory. In the event that match play days are cancelled there will no make up sessions arranged. The Brookfield Tennis Centre reserves the right to cancel match play sessions should courts be required for make -up lessons during the term. Students are to be registered for the match play sessions each week – these are done online. Sessions are limited by numbers so they are first come first served. Students can only register for one session per week.
Dogs must be leashed and in hand at all times. Barking, ablutions and unruly behaviour are not permitted. Brookfield Tennis Centre does not take responsibility for any damage / injury caused by a dog on or against any of our patrons and or the facilities. At no time are dogs / pets permitted on the courts. As the owner of the dog you take full responsibility for any damage. We reserve the right to ask you to remove the dog from the premises if we deem it appropriate.
- The Brookfield Tennis Centre will provide the member with the use of the facilities as agreed. The Centre may at its own discretion increase or decrease services and facilities.
- The member shall hold harmless the Centre in respect to any event whatsoever which may or does result in any injury, damage of personal property or loss caused to the member or any other person in the care and control of the member.
- The owner shall be entitled to assign its rights and obligations under this agreement to any new owner or lessee of the Centre.
- The Brookfield Tennis Centre may at its own discretion terminate a membership agreement if the manager and/or owner deem the member has breached the Centre rules. A copy of the Centre rules is available on request.
- It will be compulsory for all players enrolled for coaching, match play and fixtures facilitated by the Brookfield Tennis Centre to be a member of the Brookfield Tennis Centre.
- If the membership is cancelled within the membership period no refund will be given. No other refunds are payable under the membership, this includes the member not using the facilities and or benefits.
- Members joining within the membership period will be levied a pro-rata’d membership fee.
- The membership is transferable at the discretion of the owner. An administration charge of $20.00 will apply to any transfer.
- The Brookfield Tennis Centre reserves the right, at any time, to change the Membership Fees charged to members for use of the Centre facilities. The Brookfield Tennis Centre agrees to use reasonable endeavours to provide you with Written Notice of the changes with at least 30 days’ notice.
- Benefits offered under the membership program are subject to the terms and conditions of the suppliers. Terms and conditions are available on request. The Brookfield Tennis Centre takes no responsibility for transactions entered into between the members and the third party provider. Such arrangements are entered into in good faith.
- The Brookfield Tennis Centre will take all reasonable steps to ensure that benefits offered are maintained. No assurances nor guarantees are given by the Brookfield Tennis Centre for third party providers meeting their obligations under the terms of the membership offer.
- By becoming a member of the Brookfield Tennis Centre you give the Brookfield Tennis Centre permission to join you as a member with Tennis Queensland. This will require submitting your personal information to Tennis Queensland as required to fulfill their membership criteria.
- All members of the Brookfield Tennis Centre will be subject to usual the Terms and Conditions of the Brookfield Tennis Centre when engaged in activities on offer by the Brookfield Tennis Centre.